Monday, September 3, 2012

Moving Violations

I have never liked driving. I am not particularly bad at it, but it makes me nervous. Also angry. I am generally a mild tempered person, but the second I start off in my car I find myself yelling insults out the open window and making gestures out the sunroof and I start to hate everyone who has ever existed. Last weekend I drove to New Jersey. First disaster, major traffic. That is not too out of the ordinary, though it made me especially mad. Then, after crossing into Delaware, in a confusing moment I drove through an EZ Pass lane. I don't have an EZ Pass. When I became confused, and stopped, and went again, and the horrible buzzer went off, and I stopped again, a large mess was caused. There was a lot of honking, a lot of "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING, YOU BITCH?" and pandemonium. I tried pulling off to the side to contemplate the best course of action, but this caused me to nearly die in four successive near-accidents and also prompted a chorus of "STUPID BITCH" and "FUCKER!" from passing cars with Jersey license plates. So I fled the scene and cried a lot in my car. The internet tells me likely I owe Delaware up to $50. Then my mapquest directions decided to have some fun and randomly commanded me to make an impromptu and completely unnecessary visit to Wilmington, Delaware. After getting completely lost, I turned on my GPS which only occasionally works. The GPS decided to also have some fun and have me visit the junk yards and abandonded lots of Wilmington, calling them things like "Grover Avenue," and "Market Street." The next day I mostly recovered, and agreed to drive to Seadside Heights behind my father. I followed closely, as I am unfamiliar with the area and had no way to find my way home ever again should I lose my father. I was concentrating so hard on not losing him in the mess of cars, that I nearly completely failed to notice the police officer attempting to pull me over. $100 for going over the 25 mph speed limit. I returned home to find that a mere few days before I had been caught on camera running a red light in the middle of DC while trying desperately to find my way back from Virginia in the middle of the night. $150. I would like to point out that the first ticket I ever got in my life I got exactly one week before my first boyfriend dumped me unexpectedly. I would ALSO like to point out that I got my second/third/fourth ever tickets of my life exactly one week AFTER my second boyfriend dumped me unexpectedly. Coincidence????? Probably, actually. But I prefer to imagine conspiracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment