Friday, September 7, 2012

Date Lab

I have dated a lot of people. Poets, artists, engineers, lawyers, environmentalists, engineers, bartenders, students, engineers, doctors, engineers...mostly engineers. Seriously, like, a lot of engineers. Name any type of engineer: civil, structural, chemical, software, hardware, aeronautical--I've dated one. Or at least made out in public with one. I have met guys in clubs, in bars, in hostels, and on street corners. I have met guys through my friends, at parties, on blind dates. I have met guys on OkCupid and JDate. I even did speed dating. Now THERE was a regrettable decision. My self esteem never recovered from that episode. Point is, none of these methods have ever worked out. The last week or so I have had time to wonder, what other avenue is left to me? I have literally taken EVERY ROUTE I can think of to romantic happiness. Just when I had completely despaired of finding a new outlet and in the middle of being completely disgusted by the fifteeen messages on OkCupid responding to my request for a date to The Expendables, my co-worker, in a random coincidence, chose yesterday to tell me about THIS:

http://datelab.washpost.com/


 A whole new path to rejection and despair I had never imagined! I am excited to see what new horrors the decision to fill out this application can bring me.

I will keep you posted.  In the meantime, if anyone else has more ideas on where to go for True Love, let me know. I would hate to leave a stone unturned.

There's a ridiculous statement: "leave no stone unturned."

You know what you find under stones when you turn them over? Insects and dirt.

That about sums up all of my current feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment